Do you ever crave Ramen, then not have it because you know it’s so bad for you?
Well, I came up with a healthier* version tonight.
- bouillon concentrate in the flavor of your choice (enough for 2 cups of broth)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 jumbo egg
- 1 package of thin miracle noodles or tofu noodles
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- 1 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1 green onion and/or any number of veggies you want to toss in.
- boil water and add bouillon (remember, you want it to be double strength)
- once bouillon is dissolved, add soy sauce, chili powder and any vegetables you want
- lightly beat egg and slowly pour it in, stirring as you go (as if you were making egg drop soup)
- rinse your no-carb, calorie free noodles and put them into your broth.
- Nom nom nom with some chop sticks.
Calories: Less than 100
Carbs: less than 3
Protein: 9g+ (depending on noodles used.)
*Notes: I said healthier, not healthy. There is still a good deal of sodium in this dish, but all the “last until the apocalypse” preservatives and unpronounceable mumbo-jumbo is gone.
** Picture is not mine.