Today I want you to think about something that makes you happy just by its mere existence. (I would suggest against this being an individual. That’s not what this challenge is about. It’s about finding happiness from within yourself.)
It might be:
- a scent that brings back fond memories.
- a strip of road you drive that always looks pretty.
- being on the farm, even if you’re shoveling poo.
- a particular flower.
- a place that you feel safe enough to relax at.
- being on the water.
- a book that you could read a million times…
Those are just some ideas. Find one. Find one thing that makes you happy from the inside. Then sit quiet and bask in the glow of it for a few minutes. Close your eyes, let your imagination sprout wings and just enjoy those peaceful quiet thoughts for as long as you like.
Breath quiet and calm. Smile. Keep your eyes closed. Or don’t. Maybe it’s a beautiful day outside and you’d like to sit and view it while you reflect.
Maybe drink some tea or coffee while you sit. After a nice sip, let out a breathy “aaahhhhhh.”
Doesn’t that feel nice? I’m happy just writing this up! :D